Getting my New Firm Off the Ground
7 Nov 2017
Getting my New Firm Off the Ground: An Introduction to the business of consulting
Date: 7th November, 2017
Time: 10.00 to 16:00
Location: Medtronic, 9 Hatters Lane, Croxley Green Business Park, Watford, WD18 8WW
This workshop is specifically designed for those who have already kick started their firm and indeed may be some time into running it; in particular those:
- Who are running small consulting practices, either solo or with a few others, or who have clear plans in place to do so
- Who are building a consulting firm rather than working primarily as an associate of other people’s businesses
- Who have long-term ambitions for their business - whether to sustain the level of work they have achieved to date or to grow their businesses over the next few years.
The key takeaways for this workshop will be:
- What makes for a differentiated offer to the market and why that matters - Input session
- Clarifying your own differentiated offer - Personal and small group activity
- Market segmentation to give focus to your business development - Input session
- Clarifying who your target market is and is not and why – Personal and small group activity
- Product-led or solutions-led business models - Input session
- Clarifying your current and target mix of product v solutions led services to your clients - Personal and small group activity
- Pricing your services - key issues to consider - Input session
- Clarifying your pricing model and its rationale - Personal and small group activity
- Legal issues - contractual, IP, governance, or employment that small professional services firms may need to review
- Goal setting and action planning - Personal activity
Anton Fishman has 30 years' experience. Originally an educational psychologist he obtained an MBA from Cranfield in 1985. He was a practice leader at Hay Group in the late '80s and subsequently established and ran the successful change management consultancy Regenesis in the '90s and then its business psychology offshoot Corporate Insights. He joined the Board of Boyden Interim Management in 2006, now Alium Partners. In 2010 he co-founded Crowne Finch the HR Transformation consultancy, becoming Chairman in 2013. He has now returned to consult, coach and advise in the HR, OD, capability and culture domains as MD of Fishman & Partners Ltd.
ODNE members: £99
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.